My name is Jean Tebbetts. I am the Property Manager and co-owner of Reliant Mortgage and Realty.
My approach to property management is, clearly, different from others. I believe that effective property management must include communication, finding good tenants, quick, cost effective repairs, and proximity. I am only taking on new clients whose property is within several miles of our office. I let tenants know I am close by. That way, they know I am available, accessible, and vigilant. I include a new picture of the front of your property with every statement.
The communities where we provide property management services are Fletcher Hills, La Mesa north of Interstate 8, Del Cerro, San Carlos, Mission Trails and Allied Gardens.
As part of a small, multifaceted company, I don’t need or want a lot of properties to manage. I only want as many as I can manage well. I manage properties for local and absentee owners.
I have been a people person all my life. I truly care about my clients and will go out of my way to meet your needs by being hands on and providing personal care to managing your property! And that’s why I’ve never had to go all the way through the eviction process.
I stay on top of all repairs that are needed to maintain your property. My repairmen are competent and reasonable and I don’t add a dime to their fees. My goal is to provide the best customer service for you.
My keys to successful property management:
- Make sure that the property is clean and in move-in ready condition with as little expense to you, the owner, as possible.
- Keep property rented, in good condition and generate consistent cash flow for you.
- Find good tenants who “fit” the property and have a good rental history to help protect your investment.
I will lower your expenses and maximize your profits.
Contact Jean to discuss managing your property or to ask a question.
Call Jean Tebbetts | Reliant Mortgage and Realty (619) 206-5822 or fill out the form.
RENTING YOUR PROPERTY
The following is the process I use to rent your property:
- Perform a physical inspection to make sure property is in rentable condition to attract quality tenants.
- Compare to comparable properties to assess current rents.
- Make an informed recommendation of rental rate.
- Submit a list of items that may be needed to be fixed prior to tenant selection.
- Advertise your property, usually on Craigslist, so there is no cost for you, and show property to tenants.
- I meet all potential tenants. I want to know who they are and if they are the right “fit” for your property.
- I review and check out all the tenants’ references, previous landlords, and employment history to see how they maintained and left previous jobs and rental properties.
- My husband pulls a credit report, state criminal and eviction record, national sex offender search, SSN check and address history search through TenantReports.com.
MANAGING YOUR PROPERTY
Once the property is rented, my job has only just begun:
- Timely collection of rent and any other fees.
- I stay in touch with tenant(s) and owners regularly because I believe communication is the key to the success of a property manager.
- I contact owners before every lease or lease extension expires for a rental review.
- I will get owner’s approval for any repairs needed to maintain the property over a cost of $250.00.
- All repairs will be reviewed by me personally before work is approved.
- I am available 24/7 for emergencies.
- Move-in and move-out inspections documented on a check sheet.
- I recommend at least a one-year lease. I use California Association of Realtors (CAR) standard lease forms and addenda.
I provide eviction services which include:
- Service of notices.
- Filing, service, and in-court representation.
- Preparation and filing of Writs and Sheriff orders.
I am a problem solver. Nobody typically wins in an eviction process. Communication and, for example, breaking a lease, provided property is in good condition and rent is paid until property is rented, is at least, one better solution. Protection of your investment and no interruption in rent paid are always most important.
Are you ready to experience hassle-free property management?
Call Jean Tebbetts | Reliant Mortgage and Realty (619) 206-5822 or email Jean using the button.
Ready to sell your rental or buy another one?
See what's on the market now.
Find out what your current property is worth.
FREE no-obligation property valuation.
Want to refinance your investment property or get pre-qualified to buy?
Talk to our mortgage specialists.